If you have a question to ask, and can’t find the answer here, please e-mail your question to ML-juvedermULTRAuk@allergan.com and we’ll do our best to answer it.
- What is Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE?
- What exactly is hyaluronic acid?
- At what age should I start treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE ?
- How long will the effects of treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE last?
- Will the treatment hurt?
- Why Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE and not another lip filler?
- When can I return to work and resume my social life?
- Are there any side effects?
- What about contraindications?
- Are there any recommendations I should follow after treatment?
- How much does treatment cost?
- Who should I see if I am interested in treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE ?
What is Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE?
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is a hyaluronic acid filler specifically for your lips to create natural, smooth, beautiful results—immediately.
If you’ve always wished for fuller, softer lips, Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE can add fullness, balance, and volume to the lips; enhance the contour, definition and overall shape of your lips; address the lips’ texture and smoothness and filling the fine lines and wrinkles caused by smoking and pursing your lips over time…and refresh and revitalize the area around the mouth for a pleasing, more youthful expression.
What exactly is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to hydrate and add volume to our skin. Natural hyaluronic acid is broken down by the body in one or two days so is constantly replaced. As we age this replacement mechanism diminishes so the moisturising and plumping effects of hyaluronic acid decrease. Hyaluronic acid is used for aesthetic treatments and also has been used by doctors for injection into arthritic joints to aid movement as well as for eye surgery.
At what age should I start treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE?
There is no age requirement for treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE.
How long will the effects of treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE last?
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE has a unique formulation that’s designed for results that last. In fact, among US patients treated, many (78%) of those treated maintained the improvement for more than a year after a single treatment!
Will the treatment hurt?
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is the first lip filler formulated with local anaesthetic for the most comfortable treatment experience possible. Your practitioner may also choose to use an additional local anaesthetic so that you will not feel any discomfort during the treatment.
Why Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE and not another lip filler?
For one thing, Juvederm® ULTRA SMILE delivers high levels of satisfaction. In one test of patient satisfaction, 91% of people treated Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE were satisfied or more than satisfied with their experience.
For another, unlike other lips fillers, Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE is gentle, with an added anaesthetic for the most comfortable treatment experience possible.
When can I return to work and resume my social life?
Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE, your results are immediate and very natural looking. With a few small precautions, you can return to work and resume your social life immediately.
Are there any side effects?
As with any treatment, there are a few minor risks. As with any lip filler, inflammatory reactions (redness, swelling, etc.), along with irritation or pain upon application of pressure, may occur after the initial injection. These reactions are typically temporary in nature. Lumps or nodules may appear at the injection site. Very rare cases of reversible colouring at the injection area have been reported. Learn more about Side Effects.
What about contraindications?
These do exist. They are not specifically related to Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE, but to this type of treatment in general. This is why it is important to tell your doctor if you:
- Have any previous history of hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine
- Have any tendency to develop hypertrophic scars
- Have had immunotherapeutic treatment, inflammatory or infectious complaints (acne or cold sores) at injection sites
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Have had previous aesthetic treatment, particularly the use of permanent products.
You are also advised not to combine treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE with laser, deep chemical peeling, or dermabrasion treatment during the same session.
Are there any recommendations I should follow after treatment?
There are no specific food or beverage restrictions after lip filler treatment, but to ensure the best possible outcome of your treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE, you should be sure to take the following steps to care for yourself over the next 24 hours:
- Use pain medications according to your practitioner’s recommendation
- Don’t schedule dental work or face-down massage immediately following your treatment
- Ask your practitioner about facial products or lip balms that should be avoided
- No smoking, pursing lips, kissing or sucking
Be sure to discuss any concerns you have with your practitioner or his or her staff.
How much does treatment cost?
Who should I see if I am interested in treatment with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE?
When seeking a practioner for lip enhancing treatments with Juvéderm® ULTRA SMILE, it is very important to select someone who is medically qualified, works out of well-established premises, and is able to advise you on the best course of treatment for you. This practitioner should have specific training in using lip enhancing products and have an established expertise in these procedures. Find a pracitioner near you.
Next: Find a Qualified Practitioner ››
Stay in the know about everything Juvéderm® when you register for our email program.
Download patient brochures on the Juvéderm® range of products and learn more about this innovative approach to smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.